Now that I have a gas stove with a large burner, I have the means to use a wok again. I broke it in today with some steak marinated. I also made some roasted vegetables and rice.
4 strip steaks or ribeye
1/4 C. shoyu
1 tsp. honey
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp grated ginger
2 tsp. sriracha
Combine marinade ingredients with steak and refrigerate together overnight. Remove and let come to room temp. Grill, rest, serve.
• 1 ½ pounds ripe tomatoes, peeled, cored, sliced thin, sprinkled with a pinch of sugar
• 1 ½ pounds medium boiling potatoes, pared, each cut into six wedges
• 1 pound medium red or yellow onions, each cut into six wedges
• 1 pound zucchini, trimmed, rinsed, cut into one-and-a-fourth-inch chunks
• 2 ribs celery, trimmed, stringed, and cut into one-and-one-fourth-inch chunks
• 2 teaspoons fine chopped garlic
• 2 teaspoons fine salt
• ½ teaspoon fine ground pepper
• ⅓ cup fine chopped parsley
• 1 ½ tablespoons chopped dill
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint or marjoram
• ¼ cup fruity extra-virgin olive oil
1 Set an oven rack in the upper middle position. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Oil a large baking dish (such as a 13-by-11-by-2-inch lasagna pan).
2 Spread half the tomatoes on the bottom of the dish. Scatter the potatoes, onions, zucchini and celery on top. Lay the remaining tomatoes over the vegetables. Sprinkle with the garlic, salt, pepper and herbs and drizzle with oil. Bake the dishes for 30 minutes. Remove it from the oven; stir carefully to redistribute the vegetables, then bake for another 30 to 40 minutes without disturbing. Serve hot or lukewarm.