Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tilapia dinner ASAP

I was cooking stuff for tomorrow all day and last minute decided I should make dinner tonight so what usually takes a day to plan and make was done is 45 minute instead. It involved making tilapia filets with mustard then coating in bread crumbs, paprika, grated parmesan cheese and baked.  I made some coleslaw with a quarter head of cabbage, chopped and salted and drained for 20 minutes then rinsed and dried; a radish and a green onion added and dressed with oil, red wine vinegar and mustard.  Potatoes were nuked for about 17 minutes. Salad was a mix from the store with croutons and bacon bits. Pumpkin pie planned to be eaten tomorrow was dug into and half of it is gone now. I used the recipe on the can of pumpkin pie mix but simmered the filling to kind of roast it and reduce the liquid before I added the evaporated milk and eggs.  I used a store bought refrigerated pie crust and just unrolled it.  When it was cooked I topped it with a few pecans and drizzled it with maple syrup.

I was too tired to take pictures and I didn't have time to make challah bread like I planned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment