Sunday, December 18, 2011

Stuffed Pork Loin

Dinner tonight was a stuffed pork loin. I looked at some recipes then used some of the ingredients in a couple different recipes to make the stuffing. Son liked the stuffing, Cassie was so-so about it. I used baby bella mushrooms, sweet onion and an unripe pair. I may add bread crumbs next time. And maybe some vermouth. Also on the menu was mashed potatoes, half russet, half gold, with cream and butter, carrots roasted with the pork and spinach. The spinach was kind of bitter even though they were all small and young leaves. Gravy was flour, butter, evaporated milk and chicken broth with a little nutmeg, salt and pepper.


Pork was roasted at 350º and went in at 8:30.  I expected it to be done by 9:30 but it was only up to about 140º so I heated the oven to 500º for the 15 more minutes




No comments:

Post a Comment