Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Whisky Marinated Steak

I didn't take any pictures of dinner tonight but we had a celebratory dinner for my son. He has been away for a few days.

The STEAK

 was rib eye cut rather thick and marinated for 4 hours in 1/2 C. packed brown sugar, 1/2 C. bourbon, 1/3 C. soy sauce, 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon Tabasco and 1 C. water.

After 4 hours, I dried it, salted it and grilled it outside.  Potatoes were washed, pierced with a fork four or five times, rubbed with oil, salted and baked at 375 for 1 hour and 20 minutes.  Served with butter, sour cream, bacon bits, and fresh chopped chives.

Cassie made sugar peas in the oven with cheese.  She sauted some mushrooms too and brought a sparkling wine to serve with the meal.

I made green beans but forgot to check on them until I smelled them burning.  I saved as many as I could, cutting off the burned part.  Charlie asked if I smoked them and said they were really good. Whew.


for Dessert we had strawberry shortcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment