Friday, October 4, 2019

oven"fried" chicken with corn flake crumbs

When I was single, I made James Beards oven fried chicken several times. It was made by dipping chicken in evaporated milk and rolling with corn flake crumbs, then baking for about an hour.


When I saw the corn flake crumbs at the store, I thought I'd try it again.  There is a recipe on the box that seems to be an updated version. Milk, salt and egg are beaten together, then a batter is made by adding flour. The chicken is dipped in it,  then rolled the in corn flakes.  It was good but not as good as I remember all those years ago.  Maybe my tastes have changed.  Almost a year ago Charlie got a large amount of mac and cheese at Costco and we are finally about to use it up. The green beans were cooked for about a minute in the Instant Pot with a little water and some onion.  Finally it was salted and tossed with a little butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment