Monday, July 30, 2012

Buffalo & Asian chicken wings.

I had some chicken wings and Cassie mentioned maybe I could do a Buffalo style cook with them. I thought I might do it with some Asian seasonings mixed in.  I just winged it= pun intended. Charlie and Cassie insisted i write it down since they thought it was really good.  I was just playing around with the flavors and didn't take any pictures.  Also they got a little charred on the grill so next time, I need to watch them a little closer.  Here is the recipe.

1/4 C. Tamari
1/4 C. Ponzu
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 C. sugar
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
2 very large cloves garlic, chopped, minced then mashed into a paste with a little salt.
A generous sprinkling of Cholula hot sauce to taste, I guess. we like it spicy

Marinate chicken wings in sauce sealed in a ziplock bag for 30 to 40 minutes, spread on a foil lined sheet pan and place on grill.  Grill, top closed for 8 to 10 minutes.  Check to keep from burning.  Baste, turn and grill until done.  Boil remaining marinade sauce and pour over wings.  If desired garnish with green onion or toasted sesame seeds. Serve with Ranch or blue cheese dressing and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment