Monday, October 8, 2012

It was just one of those days???

Ever have one of those days where things just don't go the way you want? Today was sort of like that.

I had not cooked in a while but wanted to try a couple things I had never made before. One, I saw stuffed clams in the store and decided to make some from fresh clams. I also saw an iceberg wedge salad from Thomas Keller. The kids made suggestions for sides and the menu was set. And at the last minute I decided to try a different version of cheese biscuits.[Image: DSCN0321.jpg]

I just realized I misspelled spinach. I was telling myself it was NOT spelled spinache and trying not to add the e but did anyway and left off the 'h'

After I made the stuffed clams, I realized there would not be enough for us so I got some frozen crab cakes and three more stuffed clams from the store. I am sorry to say the store bought ones were better than mine. But if those crab cakes are what they are supposed to taste like, then i can honestly say I don't care much for them. 

Here is the lettuce salad with bacon, semi dried tomatoes with herbs, home made buttermilk dressing with mint and lemon zest and bacon. It was good but next time I'll put the dressing and toppings on some torn romaine leaves. Also pictured is the spinach.

[Image: DSCN0323.jpg]


I made Touch of Grace biscuits with more flour than called for and added cheese. I did that so they would hold a shape better. It baked longer than it said to but still didn't get done. After this picture was taken it went back in the oven for a while longer.

[Image: DSCN0326.jpg]

Charlie wanted asparagus with Hollandaise sauce. I made the sauce from a mix. First and last time I'll do that.

[Image: DSCN0327.jpg]



Here is some of the crab and clam on a plate

[Image: DSCN0330.jpg]

And i forgot to serve the rice until we were almost done but here it is..

AND it turned out this was NOT the rice pilaf they had in mind when they asked me to make it.


[Image: DSCN0333.jpg]


It was a lot of work and planning and not a total success but I learned a few things about next time... and what there will be no next time for.

No comments:

Post a Comment