Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Steak, Potato Pancakes and Mac & Cheese



These two steaks had $2.00 of coupons on them so they became dinner tonight.  Charlie said he was tired of baked potatoes so I made Beth's potato pancakes but I added an egg.  Mac & Cheese were topped with buttered bread crumbs and baked for 30 minutes.

Potato pancakes from Beth Note: I made these from one potato, cut everything accordingly and added an egg.  I used a steel skillet so the browned really well. I got them dry in a salad spinner which is what I soaked them in as well.

4 gold potatoes, shredded and soaked in a bowl of salty water or frozen store-bought hash browns
2 finechopped green onions or your favorite herbs
fresh grated nutmeg 
salt and pepper to taste.  remember the water was salted
1 C. plain bread crumbs

Drain shredded potatoes, squeeze with paper towels if necessary
Combine all the ingredients
heat nonstick skillet with 1/2 inch oil
carefully spoon potato batter in the pan
cook about 5 minutes or until ti turns brown, flip over, cook another 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment