Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Steak dinner & Strawberry dessert




Two switches wore out and they took a whole circuit with them.  We had no kitchen lights, garbage disposer or microwave in the kitchen for 6 days.  We could have had them back on sooner but the first electrician wanted $350, so I called another one I had used before and liked. He charged half that to replace the two switches and get the kitchen back in working order. It was instructive how late in the morning it is when the sun lights it up and how early it goes dark.  We have been making sandwiches by the light of a lantern for almost a week.  By the time the lights got fixed and I ran all my errands for the day, It was too late to plan anything complicated or time consuming so I took the easy way out and made steak, mashed potatoes with gravy, mushrooms and asparagus. Strawberries with whipped cream and angel food cake was dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment