Thursday, July 16, 2020

Ribeye on the grill


Corn cut off the cob and cooked in a pot with cream, salt, pepper and honey.

Potatoes steamed and dressed with 4 cloves garlic, 2 tsp. vinegar, 1 tsp. spicy mustard,  1/2 C. oil, tattagon.chives, parsley, S&P.

Yesterday was my birthday and I didn't want to go out and was planning to cook something.  My tentative plan was to do a small beef tenderloin roast with a wine sauce but they told me at the store that it was $28.00 a pound so I got a couple of ribeye steaks. I already bought the wine so thought I'd make the wine sauce anyway.  I made the sauce and didn't like it. I threw it out.  Right about then Charlie asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday dinner.  I figured the steaks can wait for another day.  He told me our favorite Korean restaurant was not open for pick-up orders and that sounded wonderful so that is what we had plus an apple cake I made earlier that day.  Today I did the steaks on the grill and we had little potatoes and corn with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment