Thursday, August 27, 2020

Chislic


A teacher where I taught was from South Dakota, and he introduced us to  Chislic which he said was a popular bar food in his home town.  One time I looked on the internet and it said it was skewered meat either fried or grilled and little known outside of South Dakota.  On a whim, while at Costco today, I got a boneless leg of lamb, not really knowing what I'd do with it but by the time I got home, I knew we were going to have grilled Chislic today... A decades long internet friend who recently passed away, always put a pinch or two of dry powdered Ranch dressing in the mayonnaise when she made deviled eggs.  Everyone except my son loves them that way.  Today I didn't tell him I put some in and he didn't notice.


These are the ingredients in the Chislic marinade.  I grilled them on the skewers.  The lamb legs yielded about 4 pounds.  We always add the Creole seasoning to ours.

1 pound boneless lamb leg, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment