Monday, October 17, 2016

Steak, potato and strawberry spinach salad.

A friend was telling me about this salad so I tried it and since steak was on sale and I didn't feel like doing anything taking a lot of time, I did it.  This is what she told me:

Strawberry Spinach, that was a HUGE success. Before closing her restaurant to retire, the owner allowed her recipe to be published in the local newspaper. It was 

fresh spinach leaves,
 sliced strawberries, 
thinly sliced red onions (soaked in ice water to remove the 'bite' ~ I think that's where I learned that tip),
 toasted slivered almonds 
and a homemade poppy seed dressing. I still make that salad, mostly at Christmas, because it's so pretty.

I looked on line and found this Poppy Seed Dressing.


3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/8 cup sugar
1 pinch salt
1/3 cup canola oil

1 teaspoon poppy seeds

Strip steaks on the grill and potatoes in the Breville toaster oven.  Bread was store bought Challah. Dessert was pie and ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment