Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Brisket on the smoker







Charlie and I went to Costco last week and I remarked that it finally looked like winter was over and done with.  He had checked the forecast and it said nice weather was ahead so he washed his car and I got a brisket to put in the smoker.  The next four days were cold and rainy but today was perfect for doing the brisket.  It took close to 10 hours and it turned out really really good. The only thing I wasn't completely happy with is that I could not tell which way the grain ran and I sliced it with the grain instead of against it. That didn't diminish the taste though.  I used charcoal and apple wood and kept the temperature right at 250 as much as I could. It got down to 225 a few times and up to 285 at times.  The brisket came out at 200 degrees and was perfect. I wrapped it with brown butcher paper after 3 hours.  In the last picture the round thermometer was reading the air temperature at the front of the smoker behind the water pan and the square thermometer read the internal meat temperature.
 All the sides except the corn was store bought. The corn was grilled then cut off the cob and reheated as serving time with a little evaporated milk, butter, honey and salt and pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment