Monday, September 3, 2018

Malaysian Chicken


Charlie asked if I remembered a dish I made a while back. I didn't but that is why they wanted me to make this blog... so I could look it up when that happened.  This one was from about 5 years ago and he wanted me to make it again today.  We were in a Chinese Buffet restaurant and he asked me if I thought I could make it at home.  I tried a couple of times and he said the second one was better than the restaurant one.  I used a store bought fry mix today and it turned out too salty.. I guess I am going to have to make it again to see if I can do better next time.  This one was served with rice and two kinds of kim che.

Malaysian Chicken

 Make sauce:
Heat 2 T. peanut oil, add 
1 onion in large chunks
1 fresh jalapeño 

sauté until soft, add 

1 T. chicken  base
1/t2 C. water
4 T. brown sugar
1 T. oyster sauce
2 tsp fresh ground ginger

simmer until soft.  This is sauce.


5 chicken thighs, skinned, boned and cut in bite sized pieces’
Marinate 30 minutes in 

5 cloves garlic
4 T. oyster sauce
1T. sesame oil
1/2 tsp. curry powder


Add  Asian fry mix to marinated chicken, coat. heat 1 inch oil and fry in batches until browned, remove and transfer to sauce, above, cover, simmer another 10 minutes.  Serve with rice

No comments:

Post a Comment