Friday, January 28, 2011

Jan 27th, 2011

I made meatloaf again last night. I used the same recipe as on Nov. 29 th except I left out the ketchup. I roasted small white potatoes with the meat loaf and after an hour they were still raw so I finished them in the pressure cooker for 10 minutes, mashed them with the skins, added butter, cream, salt and pepper and a little fat drained from the  meat loaf. Made a brown gravy with a combination of a brown gravy package mix, beef base. butter, flour and water.  I also made yellow squash by cutting it in chunks, put them in a baking dish, microwaved it for about 5 minutes, then adding salt, an egg and enough cream to coat, topped with buttered  bread crumbs and added to the oven for the last 25 minutes to cook along with the meat loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment