Monday, January 3, 2011

Late lunch Jan 3, 2011

I tired improvising today and combined Potatoes O'Brien with smoked beef sausage, corn, red pepper flakes and tomatoes.  Disregard the noodles. I don't know what I was thinking to put noodles and potatoes together. I mean I think Ive seen that with some Italian and German dishes but it was not a great combo.  At least not to me, not today. I ended up tossing the noodles out.

Note:  Next time I do a sausage saute, try the sausage and all other ingredient together except do some potato pancakes instead of adding them in with the sausage.

To the following recipe I added the sausage, corn, red pepper flakes, canned whole tomatoes, drained, seeded and torn up, and some red pepper flakes.

O'Brien Potatoes
Ingredients
2/3 cup minced onion
1/3 cup minced green bell pepper
1/3 cup drained and minced bottled pimiento
1/3 to 1/2 cup olive or canola oil
4 Idaho potatoes, peeled and diced
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Directions
In a large skillet cook the onion, green pepper and pimiento in 2 tablespoons of the oil over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened. Transfer vegetables to a bowl. In the skillet heat the remaining oil over moderately high heat until hot and add the potatoes. Saute, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender and crisp. Stir in the vegetable mixture and correct seasoning. Heat over moderately low heat until hot and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment