Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Potato, cabbage dish with smoked sausage.

I got directions for making this from a friend in Canada. It's German, I think.  The directions give the ingredients but not amounts.

You boil potatoes, peel on, sautee a nice large sweet onion in some oil, then add shredded cabbage to the onion, add s/p a bit of vinegar, a bit of sugar, maybe a cup of water to cook the cabbage. When the cabbage is done, add the potatoes (now sliced) Mix everything well, adjust seasonings for taste. If you like caraway, add some of that. I don't like it, so it doesn't go into my dish. 

I didn't post amounts 'cause I think everyone here can figure that out. Having approx. half cabbage, half potato is best. It keeps well, I prefer it warm, or even room temperature.


If you want to make it a one dish dinner, add some sausage to the cabbage as it's cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment