Friday, February 5, 2016

Krizman's




One day last month, I came across a 'Best of Kansas City" site and while looking on it I found Krizman's as the best sausage place with lots of very good reviews, especially for Polish and 
Brats.  I noticed that they had been around for 75 years and were locate about 4 blocks down the street where I grew up on Strawberry Hill.  I determined to go there someday and today was the day.  I got some Brats, kraut and Povitica bread.  Then I asked what else was good and the guy said that if I liked to smoke food, that their BBQ roll was popular.  Arthur Bryants got it from them for their restaurants.  The Brats were cooked and shriveled the BBQ rolls were raw and needed about an hour in the smoker.  By the time I cooked the Brats with the kraut, they were plumped up and juicy.  They were very good indeed. 

I cooked the kraut and brats for about an hour on low with a couple of small onions, fresh garlic, chicken stock, caraway seeds.  The onions, garlic were cooked in oil until soft then the rest of the ingredients added and simmered, covered for about 45 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment