Tuesday, April 17, 2018

A spaghetti discussion led to this dinner








At a small group cooking site someone posted a recipe from an old Italian restaurant in New Orleans. It included a tomato sauce that had little in it besides tomatoes and salt and pepper but it was cooked for 6 hours.  Someone else said that she didn't bother cooking tomato sauce anymore since Paul Newmans was so good.  Someone else said Trader Joe's Organic tomato sauce was the best.  Jimmy is an Italian and he said that they put raw meatballs in the sauce and cook them that way.  I decided to  get some Paul Newman's sauce and some Trader Joes and see which one I liked best.  I have not tried Paul Newmans yet but I did cook raw meat balls in two jars of Trader Joe's Organic Spaghetti sauce. They cooked for a little under two hours. I added some water to the sauce at the start so it would not cook out too thick at the end.  I made meatballs with half beef, half pork and seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, bread crumbs, oregano, sage and chopped onions.  Charlie has not had much of an appetite lately but he had two full helpings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment