Monday, April 20, 2020

Tacos


When I make the meat for tacos, I cook about 1/4 of an onion in a little oil until soft, then I add 80/20 hamburger meat and stir until browned.  At this point I add taco seasoning until it looks like taco meat,,, darker and tastes good. I add about three or four heaping tablespoons of refried beans.  Most taco seasonings say to add water and cook it out. I add salsa and simmer it until the liquid is gone. I used to add some guacamole at the very end but Charlie has taken a dislike to it so if we have it, I just add it to my tacos.  I serve some more refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, cheddar cheese, Restaurant style- medium salsa, lettuce and chopped radish- which I left out this time.  If  tomatoes are in season, I'll add a couple of those skinned, seeded and chopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment