Thursday, March 3, 2022

 No pictures, just a note here so I'll remember about the soup I made with left overs with the chicken thighs.  I put the bones from the thighs, the skin that I trimmed off, an onion, celery and carrot in water with two chicken legs and let simmer for 2 hours.  When it was cool enough to handle. I thew away all the vegetables and skin. I pulled all the good meat off the bones and legs and added them back to the broth along with some cut up pieces of Zatarain sausage, onion, parmesan rind, a dash of white wine vinegar and cooked them briefly and put them in the pot along with some orzo, tarragon, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.  It made about 3 or 4 small bowls of very tasty and well gelled soup. Next time I make it, I will add some spinach and maybe substitute Italian sausage for the other sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment