Saturday, November 27, 2010

I was craving some French Onion Soup but I knew my son and his SO would want something more so I made a small serving, added Caesar salad with homemade dressing, some breaded pork chops corn bread stuffing and French Cut green beans.


IMAGES STOLEN BY PHOTOBUCKET

I made the soup from scratch including the broth made with roasted vegetables and ox tail. I made the salad dressing so I was not in the mood to do much more work for this dinner. The pork loin was cut into chops, breaded with Shake and Bake, the stuffing was "enhanced" Stove Top and the green beans were hand cut, boiled then sauteed with garlic and bacon fat.  Buying a pork loin and cutting your own chops from it is much cheaper than paying the butcher or meat cutter to cut them for you.   You can control the thickness too. Thick pork chops are easier to cook and keep juicy than those thin slivers you see so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment