Saturday, November 27, 2010

Living around 1500 miles from any ocean, sea or gulf, seafood is not something I deal with very often. If it wasn't for son's GF, I doubt I'd try very much at all.  Anyway the only sea food I see is in the frozen food section.  Speaking of frozen food, they had some dim sum that looked interesting so I got some different kinds of dim sum and some beer battered fish filets and made them according to package directions. I made some egg drop soup with chicken stock, grilled some flat iron steak, made some ginger soy sauce, had some prepared horseradish sauce and made my famous nottatar sauce. It is made with mayo, horseradish, steak sauce and chopped pickles.  Someone at a cooking site asked for people's tartar sauce recipe so I gave this one. A chef who has studied French cooking informed me that what I made was NOT Tartar sauce,  so I renamed mine to nottatar sauce.


IMAGE STOLEN BY PHOTOBUCKET

No comments:

Post a Comment