Sunday, May 8, 2011

grilled chicken brests



A friend sent me some brine he is marketing so I could try it and comment.   I asked my son to pick up a chicken. He came home with a bag of frozen boneless, skinless, thin sliced breasts. I marinated them in some of the brine overnight. I was afraid they might be too salty so I rinsed them off and dried them then grilled them for late lunch today.

They were plump, moist and tender but I should have left the brine on because it was flavored. The chicken was really good but needed some more seasoning so we added some Creole seasoning and Asian rooster sauce. It was delicious.

I served it on top of mixed greens tossed with jicama, cherry tomatoes, avocado, red bell pepper, black olives, carrots, orange sections (supremed) and some nuts and dried cranberries dressed with olive oil, fresh lime juice and salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment