Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Unusual combination? Eggplant and sausage with kraut

As I looked in the refrigerator, I saw and opened package of sauerkraut, 3/4 of a package of fresh mozzarella and 1 1/2 eggplant that needed to be used pretty soon.  I thought it might make a weird combination to make eggplant parmesan and sausage with kraut but I went ahead and did it anyway.

the egglpant was sliced and dipped in beaten egg then bread crumbs and fried golden brown in olive oil. It was then placed in a baking dish with some tomato basil sauce on the bottom, romano cheese and mozzaarella cheese on top then more tomato sauce and baked at 450 for about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile about two tablespoons each of green pepper and onion were softened in olive oil, Chicken And Apple sausage that had been boiled, then pan fried added to the skillet along with the kraut and heated through.  Next time I think I'll use red bell pepper instead of green but it was all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment