Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Grilled Salmon with Mango Tomatillo Salsa



On Father's Day, my sister invited us over for a cook-out. I took chips and a mango salsa.  The recipe made quite a lot so I saved a little for later. I used it today for lunch on some grilled salmon. I also had a salad that the store called a Cobb Salad. I am glad they labeled it. I never would have guessed.  I too the toppings off of the soggy iceberg lettuce and put them on some fresh cut romaine.

Mango Tomatillo Salsa   makes about 4 cups  KC Star Mar. 2018

flesh of 2 8-oz Ataulfo mangoes, chipped
8 oz fresh pineapple chunks, chopped  (about 1 1/4 C)
9 med. tomatillos (10 oz) husked, rinsed and finely chopped (1 1/2 C)
1/2 med red onion, ch. small  ( put the cut onion in ice water for about half an hour before adding it to the mix)
1 small or 1/2 lar. jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and cut small dice (seeds reserved)
15 cilantro, chopped, leaves and tender stems
3 Tbs. lime juice
3/4 tsp. koser salt, to taste
1/2 to 1 tsp agave nectar (optional) Tortilla or plantain chips, for serving.


Mix all ingr. except agave, taste, add seeds if heat needed. stir in agave a little at a time if sweet is wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment