Friday, June 5, 2020

Texas Style BBQ Pork Ribs


About a week ago I got an email from ThermoWorks which contained a link to a you tube link titled Texas Style BBQ Ribs with Rusty Monson. I had a slab of ribs in the freezer so when they were thawed, I gave the method a try today. He cooked St. Louis ribs to 202º.  I had always cooked them without taking their temperature and thought that would be too high and would probably be overcooked (fall off the bone is what I think of as overdone).  202º is what I cook beef brisket and that can take 12 or more hours.   Most of the procedures used for the ribs were the same as for brisket so I was expecting it to take hours but it was ready after about 4 hours… the usual time for these type of rib.  He wrapped them with two layers of foil and butcher paper .  I didn’t have any butcher paper but did have parchment paper.  Parchment paper isn’t wide enough to hold itself shut so the foil did a nice job of holding the parchment paper shut.  We also had garlic bread, potato salad and coleslaw. 

2 comments: